11 December 2008

My Monster Treadmill

This should be good fodder for my friends...fyi: I have used it 75% of the days I have owned it, so far. This is a really good %. [Update: Now it's more like 85%] But the story goes like this...


I've been thinking about how lazy I am and how out of shape and obese (yes, I typed that word on my BLOG) that I am. So, since I know that I can and am able to lose weight and change my lifestyle, albeit when I lived much closer to a gym, that I have been thinking about getting a treadmill for a long time. I mentioned this to one of my friends (Shan, love ya girl) and she said, oh, I've got a treadmill. I said great for you - are you looking at selling it? She said they never use it and that the incline was broken. The incline is a fundamental part of the plan for me to lose weight so it might not work out. I convinced her to show me her machine (a very NICE machine) but it's broken.


So, we started looking online for used treadmills. Ok, remember what I said in the first paragraph about my size. For those of you who are skinny minnies or don't use treadmills b/c you are a skinny minny (btw, congrats on that, it's not a put down at ALL!), there are weight limits. This turned out to be my largest obstacle. Finding a treadmill that can handle my weight so I can work out to lower my weight. yes, well, anyway. I looked everywhere, went to discount dealer websites and even almost paid $1275 for a machine. In the end though, you'd be so proud of me that I hung up with that guy, I paid a nice young man with a 1 mo old who lost his job $500 for a $2800 machine that had only been used maybe 30 times. :)


It's huge (it has to be to support me) and the incline works and I love it. It does take up the entire living room and to be perfectly honest, I don't care at all. I walk on it either every AM or when I get home at night. I love having absolutely no excuse!!! not to use it.



The first workout was pretty difficult but mostly I believe it was because my back was all out of whack. I got done and stretched and listened intently to pop, pop pppop, ppop. Ah, the migraine went away and I can stand up straight again. :)


Well, I should take a photo and post it because it's so huge and takes up the entire room and almost blocks my view of the Christmas tree, but I don't care!! I think it's worth it. No buyers remorse here.

~Sharon

2 comments:

Candace said...

Good for you Sharon! If you really feel the need for more exercise...you can have my chore for the week! I get to bring in the firewood. lol

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Rock on! I know you can do it. You'll lose tons of weight! Make a reasonable goal and you'll hit it and then make another reasonable goal and hit that one too.