03 December 2008

Trimming the Tree

Ok, so when mom and dad were out on Saturday, I got the tree up. But I couldn't get all the lights to work. It's not like I had a lot of time or energy to work on it either. But then Sunday came and went and nothing got done. Then Monday...so finally today, Wed. AM I decided to tackle the tree.

I am so grateful for my Savior. As I was "foofing" the branches of my fake, yet equal opportunity tree (it spins and gives every ornament equal time to be mezmerizing), I got the lights to work. I thought, oh how pretty it is with all of these white lights. Then, I began trimming the tree with reflective ornament bulbs and the light grew - magnified by the reflection. If the lights are the Light of Christ and we are the oranments, reflecting His love and mission, how much greater is our joy when we share His light? The tree became brighter and brigher, ever more beautiful as I added more ornaments. Then I began my "bow" fettish. This part takes the longest but this year, I allowed it to be "imperfect". And, I realized that the bows allowed the light to shine through them. Lots of metaphores and analogies this year. I just looked at my lovely tree and thought about how grateful I am to have a job, a family who loves me and I love them. We belong to the Lord's restored church on Earth, we live in the free-est land in all the world and we enjoy propsperity known to no other people (as a whole). I don't even think that I know "want". This is something that is in my patriarchal blessing - that I would always have my needs met. Ah, what comfort those words bring to me now as we have these difficult days and months ahead. You know, everyone struggles with something. Don't get trapped in that ploy of the advesary that you are all alone or no one understands. It's bunk. It breeds discouragement and disappointment in life.

I'll post pics just as soon as I figure out how to get my new computer working, promise!

~Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Blog! Thanks for sharing your testimony of the Savior, that was the best part.

Maleen said...

Oooh, I love your new background. I am very impressed that you are going to read the Book of Mormon this month. I wish I could join you, but I already know I would fail that task.
I really need your yam recipe because peaches and nuts sound so tasty. Please email it to me.
caziertm@comcast.net

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Don't give up so quickly about reading the book of Mormom. Joseph Smith endured bringing it to us, so at least give it a shot...that is for your friend Sharon.

Anyways...I just barely got my lights on my tree. I had to go get new ones since the last time I bought lights was before I moved out to Phoenix. It was sorely needed.