26 March 2008

Just a short catch up now...

Easter Saturday the Stake hosted a singles dinner/fireside for us. It's the first one held at our own Stake in like, I don't know, maybe 3-5 years. yeah, feel the love. Anywho...

It was a really lovely event. They provided dinner and a guest speaker of Dan Hinmon and his wife (I cannot seem to remember her name and I should bc when I broke my arm, Dan's office was across from mine and he was the one who took me to the hospital and she took care of me through the night until my parents could get there the next day). [Sandy, that's her name, sometimes it comes to me a few minutes too late!]

Ok, back on track here. She spoke about her being single, married and then single again. They are just such nice, normal people. They were just friends for like 4 years before they decided to date. They dated for 2 more years before they got married. Then Dan spoke and he talked about how it really wasn't easy when they first got married. He had 6 kids, she had none. They were his angels, she thought they were less than angelic. He talked about attitude and then asked folks to share. That was a very sweet moment when others in the room shared and other people could hear they are not alone. Sometimes folks tend to get negative. No room for that in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh, did I mention that I invited a guy to attend who wasn't from our stake? Yep. A guy I met online. His name is Michael and we'd exchanged a few emails. He shows up about 30 minutes late, is bald and uses a cane. Now folks, don't take this the wrong way, bc I'm no super chic chic or anything, but HOLA! I cannot date a guy who uses a cane. I'm too young. And although I'm not as spry as I once was, I'm working my way back to that spryness.

Let's see...this week I've closed a new unit, just like I said in my TOP 10 and also made membership for the month. I am the only district of 19 who had 100% retention. This makes me very happy. :)

Roger also scheduled a meeting with Willie and we're going to begin the Golf planning tomorrow.

Hugs~
Sharon

No comments: