29 December 2009

Gratitude is all attitude! ~ What I'm grateful for in 2009!

First 3 months? Boring cause I can't remember anything meaningful happening.
In April I let a friend and kids move in as she attempted to leave her husband – she lasted two weeks but lots of things transpired during that time. I cleaned out a bedroom, sold my huge, bar room style dining room table. I LOVED that table. I believed that a table meant you would eat at it, which I did often, and could have company over, and play games around it. It was very difficult to say goodbye. In fact, I took pictures to remember it with!
This all opened up space so I could potentially have someone live with me and so my roommate moved in at the end of May. It's been a transition and it sort of what prompted me to realize that I could adopt. Kirsten is nice (not to be mistaken with Kristen from Woodland). Moving on now, lol.
In June I joined Toastmasters International and really, really enjoy it. I do believe out club could at least follow the plan but hey, it's ok to be a rebel every once in awhile, right?
I'm grateful for Ohana – I took my furlough and vacation and went to Hawaii for the 2009 Nihipali Ohana Reunion where I met up with my brother Kenji and spent quality time with my extended family. I didn't get enough so I went back for Thanksgiving. Mahalo for your love and support!! I love you guys, which I did scream from the car window as I drove away. Yep, you heard correctly I said I love you!
I'm grateful for friends – Julie Slack moved into the ward in September. She has been a HUGE blessing for me. Jody, Shannon and of course Matt and Lisa.
An invitation to the Single Adult Labor Day Camp out at Ensign Ranch with Shirley and Carla and where I met Kristen. Kristen was camping right next to us at the ranch and we hit it off. I hadn't had the opportunity to camp for FUN in about, oh, 5 years. Yes, I work for the BSA but I work when I camp. To just go, be dirty and sleep on the ground was SOOOO awesome. I felt so great about it and had a blast dancing and just being me. It also led to purchasing fruits on the way home and a first time canning experience. I did pears, peaches and then apple sauce and blackberry peach jam. I'm thankful for friends and visiting teachers that helped me get started in the canning arena. I plan on doing a lot more in 2010~~!
It's during this year that I have begun the process of adopting. I chose to do it even tho I am single because I believe that children are worth more than “the system”. The kid(s) will be from the foster care system and up here we get to choose from the 4 state area of WA, OR, ID and AK. I believe the adoption worker is working on my home study and I'm working on a scrap book and taking the necessary trainings. It's a process and will take time and may never happen. I'll be sure to keep my facebook status updated, lol!
I was released as Cub committee chair and called to teach Sunday school for the 15-18 year olds. I love and adore my kiddos. This is a great age to teach – they are old enough and smart enough to have a great time.
And could there have been a great Christmas gift than to be invited to Matt's sealing? Nope. It was awesome and beautiful. Kristen deserves a medal for driving, arranging our lodging and then being bored out of her mind.
The Atonement is real. The Church is true. The scriptures are TRUE testimonies of the prophets that have lived before us. I love the Gospel and my family and friends. I am so blessed and grateful.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Looks like you had an awesome year! I am so happy for you that you could go visit your family in Hawaii. :)