19 July 2009

Pack 7275!!!!

It has been great serving as the committee chair for the last 3, almost 4 years and now i've been released as of next Sunday. While I'm thrilled I get to have some time back, I'm disappointed in the reasons why I'm being released and I can only hope and pray that the 7 boys we have now will continue to have an amazing Scout experience. And that the den leader will continue (she may be burned out as well?!?!?!).




The primary president and I don't exactly get along. For her, it's all about the $$...and while sometimes I feel like she has some good questions, she's asked and we've (the charter rep and I) ansered them multiple times. It's sooo extremely frustrating. Her husband came up to day camp and I heard him ask 3 times the same ? to different people hoping he could ask his way into the answer he wanted to hear. It's so child-like - it's ANNOYING. Mommy, can I go to the movies with Kimmie...I don't care. Go ask your dad. Daddy, mommy said I could go...what did Kimmie's mom say? I mean, come on folks.

And tonight I'm feeling like a total loser. I am sure my pride is a bit injured, not so much by the release but with the fact that I can't get along with someone with whom I feel like I should be able to. People are just people.

well, there's my moan of the day. There is sooo much more to talk about but I'm too tired. I'm going to sleep well tonight (I HOPE!)

Sharon

2 comments:

Candace said...

I am sorry to hear you are frustrated. It must that time of the decade to move on. I was released 2 Sundays ago from our Primary presidency (after 3 years.) That was so weird. I am not over scouts any longer. Just the den leader now. I had myself a pity party for about a day then moved on. Hope all is well for you.

Maleen said...

I hope they will survive without you. You seem to make everything better by your presence.
And sadly, some grown-ups never grow up.

Thanks for all the comments on my blog. It makes me feel like we are still connected.