04 April 2009

Good neighbors!

I seriously have been blessed. After the jerkoffness of Joanne and the stress of having them with me these past few weeks, it was sooo great to go outside this afternoon and bbq with my neighbors. I had talked to them about buying my house as well. They are going to think about it. They should talk to some people about it and I got their number so I could work with Kevin again.

We had a lot of fun bbq'ing. I pulled out the really huge bbq I bought about 2 or 3 years ago and have only used a few times (it is just me, after all!) and fired it up and went at it. They even went and got their daughter so she could be with us. We ate and ate and ate!!! They made something hispanic (meat and tortilla thing) and some wursts which I really liked.

I took some pics and just wondered how much Elijah and Julie would've loved to have had this bbq opportunity. While it's true that I work a lot, it's also true that I like to have a good time when I can. The weather today was fantabulous, sunny and about 70. It did get chilly quickly as the sun went down and the mosquitos came out. Yikes, it's a bit early for mosquitos too. Time to put the mosquito defenses!

I'll post some pics soon. I took some cute ones of the kids and family next door. It's sooo nice to have great neighbors. I feel so blessed.

Hugs,

Sharon

2 comments:

Candace said...

BBQing sounds like fun! I spent part of the afternoon (almost 2 hours) hehe at Fred Meyers choosing outdoor flowers for the front and back decks. I figured they were all on sale AND FM was potting them for free in my pots. They did the most expensive part for free!

Maleen said...

I can't wait for consistent good weather. Why can't mother nature make up her mind?