01 September 2008

Friday of Vacay

I wake up and on my list of things to do is: Coke Museum, Georgia Aquarium, the Botanical Gardens and meet up with Deutsch Boy and do a few things that he wanted to see.

The struggle to find a park and ride was muuuuch easier on Friday but I felt very stressed bc there were so many things to do and see and I knew time was of the essence. I met Valetin at the World of Coke Museum around 1 pm. I walked soooo far, instead of through the park, around it. He kept calling asking me if I was lost. It was only funny the first 10 times, lol.But I didn't actually go into the museum first that day. I met up w/ Valetin and we did something - I can't remember what? Maybe he let me get my ticket and then we headed over to the Westin Hotels 360 degree view. Oh, they had great art their as well. Lots of bold, bright colors that reminded me of my buddy Jody H. She would've loved any of it and I would've loved to get some for her except it was over $1K for each piece.

After the Westin, we decided to grab a bite to eat and although we had talked about going somewhere economical, while we were walking back down town, we ran into an awesome street concert and ended up eating a Doener. SOOOOooooo deliciouso. We ran into some fun artwork on the way back down to the Underground. Here are some photos - the coke sign, the State Seal (part 1 & 2), and then we head to the underground. Mom, the phone is a BLACKBERRY, not a RASPBERRY! lol...



Yummy for the tummy - They had every kind of fudge, they made it right there in the little store. We both bought something yummy there. It was awesome. The only way to accurately describe the Underground is an attempt at Seattle's Pike Place Market. Much, much smaller but quainter as all the carts matched and were positioned with enough space between them to really have a looksy.

By now it's only like 4 or 4:30 maybe. I still need to tell you about the Coke Museum and the Georgia Aquarium.

Gotta go for now though...hugs, Sharona

1 comment:

Maleen said...

You are making me ache for a vacation. It's not fair.