15 June 2008

How the weeds killed the baby plants!

backyard
See the weed above surrounded by many more weeds? I have patches of grass that are gone because now cause they were so dense!

The weather was agreeable yesterday and so I attempted yard work. At this point you should know that I have tried weed and feed, directly applying weed killer liquids and various other stuffs to handle the weeds in my yard. Nothing worked.

I should have taken a before and after picture excep that I spent 4 hours digging up dandilions and other knoxious weeds and you couldn't really see them (but I knew they were there) by hand! My hands are very sore today. I also planted two tiny little plants - you wouldn't be able to see them either if I took a picture. It's soooo funny looking. It looks like a dirt pile and nothing else. I'll probably do a raised flower bed for some color but I need time to buy and arrange the blocks. I managed to make it to Lowe's last night around 9:45 PM and bought some additional flowers and plants but of course, didn't plant them in the dark. Also, my front porch light is falling down broken and I believe it's a hazard so I disconnected it and now can't even work with a little bit of light in the dark.

I do believe I am going to plant those plants tomorrow. I didn't get around to the backyard yet but I did pay a boy scout (my friend's son) to come and weed wack the entire thing. It needs a mowing and to dig the dandilions out back there, too. One little baby step at a time.

On another note, I should know by now that everything works out the way it should with or without me but I am especially grateful today for volunteers from one district going all the way over to Tillamook to help them have a fun day camp experience. There is tons and tons of work to do still but they are my main priority until then.

Except for...drum roll please...

Tonight - go home for father's day and conveient commute to the golf tourney tomorrow Vancouver
Monday - Golf tourney - way past Canby, OR and then home to finish up yard work
Tuesday AM - Salem, Service area meeting, Leadership Newberg Graduation, Council Fall Membership Kickoff in Tigard
HAVE YOU NOTICED A TREND HERE? NO
TIME FOR DAY CAMP PREPARATION??
Thursday - Tillamook Pre camp leaders meeting, meet at 1 PM at the storage container (remember, I need an agenda and items to give to the leaders at this meeting and 1.5 hrs to drive there). Then Roundtable.
Friday - arrive at camp to recieve camp supplies from council quartermaster at 1 pm, again, travel time. Finish preparing for day camp. I mean, that's it...then it arrives.
Next week I have day camp. I still need 32 kids to show growth in my district for the year and I'm afraid we're not going to make it. This is terribly disheartening. I just got to go and get 'er done, that's all.
I can't wait until it's all over! YIKES!!!! Please, pray for me. Trying to stay positive and happy.
Check yall later,

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hey Sharon,
You can't be mad about not having 32 kids to show growth. They are there. Just off to different activities - other than our day camp. Don't let it get you down. Keep on truckin!

Maleen said...

Weeds...can't stand 'em. I pulled weeds today and my fingers were sore. Fingers instead of hands because they are all baby weeds, but they grow so much faster than my garden plants, it is frustrating. I can't even tell if my peppers are growing and I am scared to weed in that area because I will probably uproot pepper plants. Good luck with the yard work.