08 April 2008

Written off School Loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I'm so stoked right now - I could just scream - in fact, maybe I will since no will hear me! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I just tried and tried and tried unsuccessfully to log into my school loan website to get the final balance so I could pay those puppies off - granted, it's been 8 years - but it's been full of good times and bad and anyway, I could finally pay them off and I kept telling me over and over again that I didn't have an account. So, I called and the guy was like, it looks like you have a zero balance. I said, I know, I made a large payment earlier this month, blah blah and he said, wait a minute, came back and said, no, you have a zero balance. Due to the smallness of the loan (um, $400) they decided to simply write it off. I AM THRILLED and MIGHT just take a trip to California to a mid-singles conference with the money. My friend found tickets for dirt cheap and he says he knows a place where I can stay for free. How fun would that be?

How could I ever doubt that the Lord loves me? WOW~

There is sooo much to write about - Conference, spectacular. I kept wondering how it was for my buddy Matt who got to go to the Priesthood session and another one with his mancation friends.

I loved so much of it but probably my favorite part was Elder Bednard's talk about "The missionaries are full-time teachers and we are full time finders." Oh yeah, the missionaries and some singles from my ward came over for dinner last night and we talked about that. It was nice to have folks over - I'm kind of a recluse and I like it alot.

I had my first quarter review today and it went pretty well. Only a few areas that need dire attention. Things are really going pretty well. But, I just got a phone call from my district training chair and his family is being moved to the Forst Grove 1st Ward and that moves him out of his ward, out of our stake and out of my district. I wanted to cry!!! He's the best - ever. Seriously, he's a SM and he grew his troop from 5 to 36! Most of these boys are not LDS. Everyone dreams of being in his troop because it's that good.
Well, I'd better get some food in my tummy before I choose to eat all the wrong kinds of food.
One last thing - I woke up with a cold today after avoiding illness ALL winter long. Now that it's spring, and it's so cold, my body is rebelling and wants spring/summer to arrive. Just ask my toes that want to wear sandals!
Hugs to all,
Sharon

No comments: