07 January 2008

Planning Conference and Poker?

Howdy ~



I am sitting here thinking about all the things I have to do this week and I am loving it.

We had our annual planning conference this week on Tues and Wed. Usually they drain me but this time I loved every second of it. We had many guest speakers - 3 gentlemen from our Protestant Committee who helped us understand how to talk to pastors and work with churches to strengthen our partnerships. We also had the head of Customer service from Horizon airlines PDX come. She has fabulous. We had a really fun team building exercise which included creating a candy bar and acting oout a commercial for it. It was pretty humorous.

For fellowship that night, I killed two tables with my girlishly skills at poker. I had never played people before and when I got a good hand I would just start giggling like crazy and they, hand after hand, believed that I didn't know how to bluff! Hahaha...it didn't get so fun when everyone was tired of losing and wouldn't play against me anymore. I think they got their wittle feelings hort. Oh, poor babies, lol.hhehehehhehe.

Anway...drove to the gym, had a grt workout and headed to my moms for dinner. Ended up sleeping there and then driving home super early the next AM. Sent a txt msg I feel awful about b/c it was a little bit inappropriate. I guess that's what happen when you're tired. Anyway.

Moving on. Have a great weekend all.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

That is really funny. I haven't had many opportunities to play poker, but I'm fairly sure that I stink at it. I'm glad you had a good time though.