21 January 2008

How Great Thou Art

Hello!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that not only do I love my Heavenly Father, but I also love the United States of America.

When a 4 year old picks out a t-shirt with a flag on it and says "Sharon would like this because she loves America", life is good.

I drove to the Coast and our camping meetings and almost the entire way, Shannon P. talked about her love of country and how she's teaching her son, despite his friends, bashing this great land. She had me crying. You know, I love the people that I get to know in my job and I love that they are good people. I enjoy associating with good people 95% of the time. I was going to say 99% but you've got to be realistic, lol.

I enjoyed working with Shannon on Saturday and we got sooo much done. I am anxious to find out if John L. agrees to be our DC. Together, we will be wow, truly the SOARING Eagle Valley district.

Today I get the day off and have been tackling one small project after another, trying to get it all done. There is so much to be done that I get overwhelmed easily (note to self - if you simply did it when it needs to be done, it wouldn't stack up!). Perfectionism at it's worst - if you can't do it all, give up. Hasn't been working so well for me, so it's time to make a change.

Taught RS yesterday and I had no idea that the Stake RS Pres. was in there. She wasn't introduced as a guest...maybe she snuck in later? Not a lot of material to go with but she was very complimentary. I didn't feel ready to teach because of several reasons, exhaustion, stress and just poor choices. You know how merciful the Lord is when He grants you a portion of the Spirit despite you!

Have a great day,
Sharon

No comments: