04 March 2009

Another one bites the dust...

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy birth...day to Sharon, happy birthday to me! Yeah! I have an odd mix of feelings about old and young and middle aged? Is that possible? LOL...

So, it's been a CRAZY week beginning with Jody's birthday party on Sunday. It was so fun to see all the people (most, I should say) of Jody's friends and family that came to her 4oth Bday party at the spa at the beach and stay at the beach house. She knows how to throw a party and her mom was a stud in creating a feast and hiding the cars and arranging for her son in law to move them all back out of hiding so we could leave when it was all done. Terry, Jo's husband gave her a freakin' awesome bed frame for her birthday! It was a rock start gift that probably earned him enough brownie points (at least it would earn my man some serious rock start points) that would last a good long while. She liked it and had mentioned to him that the store was going out of business so he hustled on down there and made them a cash offer and they accepted and it was lower than their original costs and he even put it up at her mom's house, which was all the cooler!

ANyway, then Monday my intern arrived and decidedly told me it was time to clear the deck, I mean, clean my desk. I should post a before and after photo...seriously. She really helped me not just clean it off (because we still have a lot to file) but organize it and implement some tools to make it work for the long haul.

Then Tuesday, I was so busy I can't even remember all what I did. but the most IMPORTANT thing happened is that I got a phone call from my boss telling me that a complaint that I submitted back in January was being taken seriously and that the Council hired an outside, independent investigator and that I would be giving my testimony about the incident on Mar 10th. This made me soo happy I began cheering because I honestly had written the whole thing off, believing she was going to get away with it scott free. But then it got even better - my bestest buds conference called me to give me the greatest news of the day - that she hadn't passed PDL and they (Center for Professional Development) refused to commission her as a BSA Professional!!! This means that she really must've been a "hit" and made an unmistakable impression because it's hard to be refused a commissioning. I guess she hardly made it to class and was always hung over (see a trend here?). The point? This news made me VERY happy. I know that I shouldn't revel in her lack of moral character and bad, childlike behavior but she is gross and deserves to suffer a little bit (lots) of consequences for her actions.

Last night I drove to Tillyamook for the purpose of starting a troop from a thriving Webelos program and oddly enough, the only families to show up to the pack meeting were the Webelos. I think this is very indicitive of that pack's history. We'll see if they make it...it would be very depressing if they didn't.

Still to post about: radio show, ride along with Steve, pizza delivery debacle, Lisa's birthday card

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Happy Birthday by the way! Imagine me singing (with a nice voice).