19 January 2009

Fianlly, an update!

I had to schedule an hour to update my blog. My eyes are all blury, dirty glasses and headaches, etc.

First a very quick update - busy, dang busy. First the crazy weather, then the holidays. Then it was like the flood gates finally opened with my volunteers - they also came back to life and with only one week to make year-end membership, slammed. And the boss man kept asking us to head to Salem. For me, total waste of time. Oh, and this whole time I had a sprained ankle!

ANywho...finally it was Friday and I had a ton of people coming and going from my small, two chair office turning in membership, making calls and do you know what? We made it! +1. I know, it's small and it was at 5:40 pm but hey, we did it. It's Tina's leadership and others who cared enough to do their roster checks. The stake presidency got in on it...bringing in 5 kids at the very end.

Then the very next week (so now we're at like 1/12) we spent Monday running around to Salem again because Jim thought that meeting Tu-Thus wouldn't be enough? and then of course Tues - Thurs at the planning conference in Salem. Then Sat we had our day of planning for day camp at the coast. Geesh, I am do tired!

The conference was good and bad. Crazy drunk people should be quarantined until they sober up and some are just freakin' hilarious when drunk and all lounging on the same bed. I wish I could find a pic of that...maybe? There were like 11 of us on one bed, the boss's.

Roommate problems? I never had any until early Thursday aM. she is a freak!!

Anyway, it's MLK day and I finally had a day off. I set my alarm for 9 and woke up at 7, :( boo hoo. I made my list and checked it twice and got most of it done with still many more things to do. I'm only about an hour behind schedule too and Joanne called and we talked for like 1.5 hrs (she's Will's baby's mama). Does that makes sense? Elijah is her son. I still think they should move into my house and be section 8 renters.

That's all I got - sorry for the lack of detail. If I could keep up, I could be more detailed. Have a fantastic day all.

~Sharon

3 comments:

Candace said...

Glad you changed your background! Saturday's camp training was awesome. It was just like a mini-camp school. I wish I could have stayed for the rest of the time - but I got home just before it got dark.

Maleen said...

You are so busy...I don't think I can even follow half the stuff you do. Keep it real and remember that sleep is your friend.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Section 8 renters...you should do that because at least you know that you'll get paid!