20 November 2008

Just like the movies...





Ok, work with me here a bit...

I've been struggling to find anything about my life humorous enough to blog about. Then, today I was opening my bag and I found a pink goodies bag from Pow Wow last Saturday. Here's the scoop ~

One of the classes that I signed up for was Eatible Crafts - sounds delish right? Well, it totally was. I purposely scheduled two of my friends to take this class with me and we were late - about 10 minutes late! Seating was scarce and she was already almost done with all of her "how to's" by the time we arrived.

Remember back to some scenes in various movies, the most memorable one for me is in Miss Congeniality where her coach guy has to leave and she arrives late to get ready for the day and her little friends jump in and help her - imagine that scene with me as, oh yeah baby, Sandra Bullock...I should never have been allowed to register for a class that called for craftiness or creativity!! HOLA, what were they thinking letting me in, let alone being late.

There were like 7 edible crafts that you could make and I managed one (1)! yes, you are reading correctly. So, the other "real crafty ladies" in attendance were all grabbing my project bags in order to help me get "something" to bring home. So, today, when I opened my pink goody bag, I found 4 treats!!! I am so lucky to have had such great neighors who acted like they would all make the best darn cub scout leaders in the world - (hint and reminder: I am not a den leader type!!!! I am a Committee chair type!).



The goal here is to dip your spoon in melted chocolate and add stuff to it then when you have your hot chocolate, you get double dip deliciousness.

The perfect craft or award for Space Derby Day!!! (We're substituting space derby for pinewood derby this year because our boys have a new found facination with space)

Cub Master and Den leader with our three, yep, an entire pack of 3, non-member boys. Our ward wraps 8 adults around 3 non-member boys. Two of them need it more than words can say. Scouting DOES change lives.

Thanks Den moms (and lone man who ventured to take edible crafts!)...I couldn't enjoy my hot schocolate with sprinkles dipped spoon without you or my rocket ship of life savers. You truly were my sprinkles that give color to my life and life savers that day. (That's from Ceremonies and Pizzaz class!)

Hugs to all the Cub Scouter moms out there who are creative enough to think these things up. I hereby leave this charge to you.

~Sharon

3 comments:

Candace said...

I am totally using the rocket ship livesavers as thank-yous the next time there is the Space theme for day camp. :)

Maleen said...

I know this sounds terrible, and you will probably not approve, but since we have no boys, I am hoping to avoid getting a scout calling of any kind. Granted Tyler was already Cubmaster once, but I'll try to ignore that. I am just not creative enough to keep the projects going.

Sharona said...

Hey Maleen,

I'm certainly not creative but i think the key is to make it memorable,more than creative. I also took a class on ceremonies and I think it's totally changed my relationship to volunteers and how to make their accomplishments more meaningful. You probably will get a Scout calling...they don't discrimiate too much in the church. HUGS and Happy Turkey Day!