10 February 2008

i have nothing to call this one...

Just thought I'd catch everyone up. I feel sicky. Our ward is hosting a karaoke party for singles on saturday. I have met with the new stake young men's presidency and they seem to be much more on top of things than the last ones (shhh, keep this a secret).

My dad my have lost his job and that very much stresses me out. I definitely don't want to find myself in the financial troubles they find themselves in at this stage of their lives. I love them to death but man, do they really need that 46" flat screen hd tv? NOPE! And imagine what they could do with the money? Oh well. The only choice I have is to get out of debt and manage my own money better.

A few friends have found me on facebook and I hate that site so maybe I'll just let them all know that I'm not going to check it anymore. Kinda cool the friends though - Paul Hines. I was such a dumb and naive girl that I didn't realize this kid had a crush, some would say more than a crush, on me the Fall of our Freshman year of HS. I totally thought I'd set him up with my friend and thats why I ever talked to him in the first place. Well, besides he was a freshman too. he just wasn't my type so I never figured that he would ever like me. It was like 3 mos before someone mentioned to me that he liked me and then I thought about it and instantly was so EMBARASSED because it was like someone opened the shades and the light streamed in! Anyway, I thought I would just ask him about it and then on our last day of cross country (yes, I ran, unbelievable hunh?) he asked me out on a real date and as badly as I wanted to say yes, I was only 14 and could hear my parents. I had to break this poor boys heart and he didn't really speak to me again, for like 2 years. Until he had a girlfriend that he spent the rest of his HS career with. Oh well. He's happily married and they have a baby boy. i'm soooo happy for him. He's a quality man. One with integrity and humor and brains. Their family would make great members of the church although they are great Christian already.

I did yoga today and I like it. I think I have found my exercise groove. If only I could find my healty eating groove. Oh man, I cleaned out the fridge today and threw away probably $15 of produce that had gone bad. I'm so bad at preparing meals that I waste the fresh stuff. Gotta learn to prep and cook. I can do it!

have a great week all.
Quote of the week: strict obedience to true principles will bring desired results. I don't know who said it and I probably pulled several phrases to get this one, but I love it!

~Sharon

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I hate throwing away produce. It feels like a wasted goal to me. I had a friend say once that she doesn't call her bin in the fridge the 'crisper', she calls it the 'wilter'. That is certainly true for me some weeks.

Candace said...

Hey Sharon...glad to see a new post! You can do it! You can make the items in your fridge into food - :)