27 February 2008

Good day...

I had a great day today. I met up with several members of Venturing Crew in Newberg and they had put together a recruitment opportunity at NHS. I was pretty dang impressed with one of the kids ability to get things done. He not only did all the leg work in contacting the school, 5 principles (it converted to a small school system this year) and an activities coordinator. Plus, he recruited other crew members to join him, they made their own fliers, got climbing equipment to display, made a display board and then he rode his bike 45 miles to meet me!! I mean, the kid is just a go getter.

Whew...after watching him work that hard, I drove to meet my boss and had an appointment with a cold call on a pastor. He was stone cold when we arrived and by the time we left, I felt pretty good about the meeting. We sold him a little bit backwards but we eventually got around to having rapport.

Next week I get two days with my boss - blah blah, but it's ok. Tomorrow is the real test and I will not do so well.

Ah, but the crown jewel is that I got another gal to agree to be on our Golf Tourney Committee! I'm so excited.

Well, I've talked to China and Atlanta and now I've got to go.

Ciao~

Sharon

No comments: